According to Edith Reiter's 2014 book, this instrument was completed on 19 July 1912 sold to a customer in the UK.
Howe & Hurd (2004) describe heckelphone #3414 as a model 36b, with a two-piece bell.
As of 2004, this instrument was reported to belong to Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London, UK.
The history of heckelphone #3414 remains unclear. It is conceivable that the instrument was purchased by the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden directly from Heckel, but since Salome and Elektra were both performed there in 1910, this remains somewhat questionable. Intriguingly, it seems clear that a heckelphone was used in the London premiere of Elektra in early 1910.